Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Miracle of the Chocolate Eggs


I remember 
questioning in my kid head
the possibility of such miracles

a fat man in red who could fit
down our chimney, a sled pulled by
reindeer who never lost their antlers
just to bring me presents

a fairy who could recover my tooth
after my grandmother accidentally
swallowed it
left in a glass of water
on the counter
and yet still pay me a dollar in coins

a man who walked on water
who died, just for me
then rose from the dead
and later into space
on something that appeared
to my kid skull a rocket
but was corrected,
that was a fiery cloud
and he was headed to heaven

then there was the silly bunny
who laid eggs,
and left candy

I never questioned the candy
or the miracle of the chocolate eggs





[Poem #20 for National Poetry Month! Happy Easter and Happy Spring to All!]

No comments:

Post a Comment